Monday 2 October 2017

30 day Christmas Challenge

Hurrah..... I have a new focus whilst carrying on with my physio exercises.....The  Food For Fitness 30 Day Challenge started today.

Today I have remeasured my stats and taken my starting photos. I am not going to lie but I am disappointed that I let things slip whilst waiting to get my leg fixed but hey at least I have drawn a line in the sand and moving on.

I know the Christmas top is on the tight side but you know what.... it won't be by the time Christmas comes...  So here I am braving it out by actually showing my starting photos....



I didn't weigh myself as when I did I was 4 stone lighter but this was due to me putting too much weight through my crutches!! Now it would have been nice if that was real but alas it is not to be at this stage!!

So after measurements were taken..... I started the day with an omelette and greens. I completed physio exercises throughout the day but somehow I managed to go back to bed and I had a 3 hour sleep!! I hope I will be able to sleep tonight! Obviously my body was telling me I still need to rest up so that was exactly what I did!

Feeling all refreshed I continued to do my exercises. I know it is going to take time to bend my knee especially after seeing the surgery again on YouTube... I have also read other people's experience of their ACL reconstruction. Everyone's rehab is going to be different from one person to the next. There are so many factors to take into consideration, people's healing abilities, physical strength and also mental strength to continue with rehab and more importantly what the surgery involved. This is the second lot of surgery I have already had on my leg as in January 2017 I had an arthroscopy to repair a complex tear of the posterior meniscus horn. At this juncture, I had a bucket handle tear - partial meniscectomy.

I have followed the plan for today. The main meals were:- Egg and veg, Cajun Chicken Jambalaya and Turkey Bolognese.
Day 1 Menu
Cajun Chicken Jambalaya.



























































No comments:

Post a Comment