Wednesday 9 March 2011

ALL goals achieved!!


Today I set myself some goals these were to have an awesome day and to make a few people smile and giggle along the way.

I was up early as I needed to call the Doctors at 8am to try and get myself an appointment today. I was trying on one line whilst my mum was trying on the other…. Result managed to get one ay 9:50. Just a slight problem I can’t drive at the moment so I had to call my big sister to come and collect me!

They have changed my anti-inflammatory drugs to stronger ones….. so fingers crossed this will do the trick…. But yet again I have been told see how it goes and come back in a weeks time! A week?? You have to be kidding me…. I want to be running Reading Half Marathon on 20.03.11 so I need to be ready NOW!! I know I am going to have to pull out of my 20 mile run this Sunday but next Sunday… I was hoping to be back…

Anyway things are looking up as I have a session booked with Stuart which I am also dreading at the same time; as he is now going to see how bad I am limping… BUT…. like he said…. just because I can’t run doesn’t mean training has to stop.

Oh pooh…. It’s let’s talk……… What is going on?? OK someone is still in denial… which is me! One minute I think I am out of the game and the next I am back in it… What a rollercoaster this has been for the last 18 days. I keep telling myself I have 39 sleeps to go til the Marathon so if I am OK on the day… I make that starting line I am defo crossing the finishing line…. Deep down I know this is totally the wrong attitude to have but when I have set myself a goal which I know I can do…. I am not giving up on achieving it. Yes Stuart you are right… there is always next year etc but that wasn’t in my game plan and I have already accepted that I am not going to make my target goal but shall just go for finishing…. Then the battle starts all over again…. Is it worth screwing up your leg completely? I am thinking well it will only be temporary as it will get better or fixed!! Decisions decisions….. and it’s not one that I am ready to make just yet as it’s 39 sleeps time and anything can happen between now and then. I agree (well influenced) I now have 32 sleeps time before I make up mind and have agreed that if it is still bad I will pull out… OMG there it is in writing… looks more real… maybe I shall just delete this post from my blog.. pretend it never happened and live in denial until 17.04.11. So tomorrow I have to look at the withdrawal process etc etc

Moving on…. Tears are wiped and the fun begins…. TRX… OMG…. It was amazing and I certainly made someone smile with my lack of upper body strength and huh what did you ask me to do again look! There was sooooooooo much that you can do with the TRX it’s unreal…. Yes Stu I will probably have to call you and ask you what I am suppose to be doing!! Squats, something else…. Pull up thingy and squeeze Louise… Combine the squats and pull up thingy together…..press-ups. Narrow press-ups, wide ones one arm higher than the other one!! OK don’t scratch your nose whilst trying this move as you nearly go splat on the floor! OMG there was loads and loads and loads. Keep your elbows up…. What are you doing? Tense your core… squeeze your butt….. smile stop giggling… what on earth is that? I don’t know… not right I am guessing!! Yeah she did it!! Whoop whoop….. How he puts up with me I do not know! But hey… give the girl a break it’s my first go and I will get better I promise. This is what it’s all about having a great workout and really enjoying it and learning so much. Wahooo…. You can do the plank on it!! More than one plank…. Pffff 4 mins… that’s going to be an easy target sooner or later!! Leg exercises too…. But ooopss that hurt so we don’t do that but fear not back to the squats and yeah everything is fine…. Think I shall have to find a different word for fine…. Maybe it hurts but it’s not that bad…. There was loads and loads of other things too Triceps were used too… haha this is where my lack of upper body strength is defo noticeable. Haha but hey at least it can only get better otherwise I will be splat on my face on the floor.

Cheers Stu awesome day and thanks… I completed ALL of my goals that I set out to achieve. I had an awesome day made a few people smile and giggle along the way…

I met up with my mate Jude at Victoria Train Station and caught the train home together and I told her ALL about my session, which made her, laugh and smile too.

No comments:

Post a Comment