Sunday 6 March 2011

Rollercoaster week…..

Wednesday I was back at the hospital seeing the Emergency Practitioner Nurse. She was a different one from the last time….. but yet again….. she failed to examine my leg apart from looking at it! Not sure what she was expecting to achieve in that… I gave her the history of my leg and asked about second x-ray to rule out stress fracture and told her all about the other bits and pieces of pain that I am now experiencing but alas she did not seem to be interested. She left me and went and spoke to a doctor ( or at least that was what she told me she was doing)…. Came back and said that I didn’t need a second x-ray… So I asked her what was wrong then if you are telling me it’s not a stress fracture and why I am now hurting in all the various different places…. It’s soft tissue injury and can take another 2 weeks before the pain eases…. And gives me lesser pain killers…. Blinking great when the strong ones aren’t really helping.
So off I hobble back to work….
Feeling crap and wished I had booked a session with Stu but never mind…. I settle for a kettlebell workout at home.  1min with 45 secs rest. Double; Single R & L; Alt Arms; Double, Clean Snatches R & L; Double, Single R & L; Double.
Awesome fun and great workout…. So happy as Larry. Then I complete the Plank training workout… Sorry can’t tell you what it is… signed the Stuart Amory Official Secrets Act 2011. So looks as though you will have to wait later on in the year to find out what it is!!

Thursday
I go to ViPR training down the beach which was awesome fun and has so much potential. I couldn’t do all of the exercises as my stupid leg won’t allow me to do it. So I am given different exercises to complete. Could have done with a longer session but at least I am out and about training… so get in!!

Friday….
OUCH!!!!!  Today was a nightmare….. I can barley walk and limping really badly and so glad I had physio booked. George and his magic hands helped but nonetheless the pain is unbearable.

Saturday I spent most of the day in bed or on the sofa with my leg up which really helped. I also complete my kettlebell workout:-
1 min with 45 secs rest:-
double; right; left; double; alt arms; double; clean snatches R & L; double; right; left; double; alt; double; clean snatches R & L; double, right; left; double….. Awesome workout… was planning on setting up TRX but am knackered and thought I didn’t want to over do it as Tonight is my monthly planned night out drinking so that I remain on Level 1.5.  I complete my plank training and then I do another 3 min plank get in!!

My night out is slightly ruined by the pain. Painkillers and alcohol can’t even take it away. Just getting out of the car and I am in agony and thinking how on earth am I going to cope with a night out. What a mere first pub we are in and we bump into a local magistrate…. Best behaviour by all but that doesn’t last!! Chum Chums here we come…. Food was great and the alcohol was flowing….. not sure how we managed it but we ended up with free wine!! What a result… No sambuca for me… as I can’t walk 26.2 miles let alone run it for one shot… Stu’s rules and we all know his rules should not be broken!! I was thinking maybe there could be a loophole in this one seeing as technically I am unable to run therefore this couldn’t be used as a punishment! However, I wasn’t going to risk it!!
Had an awesome night…. Ashmore is a legend, so is Liz and Fiona….. I still can’t stop giggling at Fiona’s comedy walk to the front door….. she avoids the pond laughing that she has fallen in it before then stacks it big time in the middle of the lawn!! Thanks goes to Pearson for the lift home.
A few tears were had today as today I have thought I may not be running in the marathon after all, however, I am not giving in to the idea of not making the starting line. As I know if I make the starting line I will defo be crossing that finishing line even if it takes me days to complete it.

Today Sunday… I have spent most of the day in bed with Ice on my leg

No comments:

Post a Comment