Friday 18 February 2011

No Longer A Kettlebell Virgin! Thumb to the Bum and snap the string!

I was early to bed last night as today was my first kettlebell session with Stu. I woke up at the crack of dawn.... got myself organised... packed my bag with all my work stuff, change of clothes, spare warm clothes.... you name it.. I packed it... Note to self take a smaller bag next time... typical girl had to load it up! BIG MISTAKE!!! As I had to bring home my new 8KG Kettlebell... Had enough food to keep me going all day as I was sure I needed it and boy... did I need it after my session... Yes.

I arrived in London way too early..... Got to Hyde Park just before 12 noon... My session was due to start until 13:30.... Was so nervous and excited all rolled into one.... was dreading the measurements and Fat test. Once that was over and done with I started to relax a bit but was still nervous as I was giggling and smiling loads.

Session was AAAAWWWWWWWEEEEEESSSSSSOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEE!!!! OMG.... anyone would have thought I ran a marathon with my jelly legs after the session. I felt so sorry for Stuart as I am so cack handed and seem to have a brain the size of a pea! Good job he had his sayings... thumb to the bum and thumb to the sky as I probably wouldn't have managed it.

I was semi-knackered during the warm up with all the squats... Thighs were burning and I am thinking oh shit this is only the warm-up... there is no way I am going to survive the session at this rate. I learnt sooooooo much it's unreal. Well I managed the two hand swinging eventually....  thrust from the hips, chest up, back straight, squeeze ya arse... sooooo many things to remember oh and to keep swinging! Don't stop swinging... I giggle some more and stop swinging... nightmare... was I told to stop no.... but couldn't manage swinging giggling and advice all at once. Poor poor Stu.... I am sorry I will get better!!

I even did one handed swinging........ well that was a sight for sore eyes... I so knew I was cack-handed and it would probably take time to figure out what I was suppose to be doing.... which way do I turn it again to start off with? Which way does my wrist turn.... there was only one way... as I would have broken my wrist knowing me if I tried it the other way.....thumb to bum... thumb to the sky swap... and thumb to bum, thumb to sky and oppps I forgot to swap oh and had to get a thrust and snap the string, chest up and forward and squeeze my arse again....

It was amazing.... I am still glowing now..... OMG... I even did it with a 12KG... whoop whoop I managed it... Well impressed...

BUT..... do NOT break Stu's rules......  I am soooo gonna learn that one quickly... Remember the correct technique about picking up and putting down the kettlebell... I had to carry the heavier kettlebell back to the car and oh pooh... I did it again.... run to the tree and back... haha run.... OMG that so wasn't running... Big time Jelly Legs!!! I think I ran even worst than what Phoebe did in Friends!! Seriously legs had had it and it felt as though I had already run the marathon but can't complain.. It was a brilliant session and so looking forward to next week.... Shall practice before next session. So much to remember... But thank goodness there is a video on YouTube to remind me.

My legs defo know that they had a workout... the walk back to the tube station was good but blinking Nora... walking down the steps was defo not a pretty sight... mind you going up them was even worst. I so couldn't wait to get on the train and relax.

If anyone hasn't tried Kettlebells you should defo sign up for Stuart Amory and Mark Raynsford Kettlebell Workshop.... see http://www.inkilterfitness.co.uk/training-workshop or http://markspt.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment