Thursday 24 February 2011

UPDATE


Tuesday morning… I was up at the crack of dawn busy working…. But OUUUUCCCCCHHHH went to walk to the bathroom and I was in agony big time and that was just standing on my leg. I decided I wasn’t going to take the painkillers, as I was worried that if I did I would end up walking too much on it and causing more damage. I phoned the hospital for some advice but I was told that I had to go over…..
What a waste of journey that was… I explained all the symptoms and how much pain I was…. I ended up being sick twice whilst I was there and was worried maybe I shouldn’t be weight-bearing all the time but the emergency practitioner nurse didn’t seem to care… It was only cos I kicked up a bit of fuss that she told me to take my trainer and sock off whilst she got my notes from yesterday’s trip.
She went to compare my leg to my other one… so I told her depending what you are looking at you need to know that this one is my ‘bad’ leg….…. I have ACL deficient….the ACL is hanging on a thread if it hasn’t already snapped completely by now, snapped the cartilage several times, chipped the bone and got a recent diagnosis of osteoarthritis and an ulcer. I couldn’t believe what she said……. As if I wasn’t already upset as it was…. She said to me surely you shouldn’t even be running…… How I refrained myself from saying to her… maybe she shouldn’t eat all the cream cakes in the staff room I do not know… however, I did tell her my orthopaedic consultant said that I could still run, play squash and rugby.
The end result was carry on taking the painkillers and we will see you next Wednesday to x-ray your leg again.

Wednesday 23rd
Hardly any sleep as I worked from 05:00 hrs to 05:00 and what does the O stand for Oh my god that’s crazy!…. Not good but at least I finished work at 1:30pm and then I jumped on the train to London for another session with Stu.
Yet again I had the most amazing session. I still hurt from Friday’s session…. And yeah more squats!!! Get your arse down and in…… I am thinking it is in…. it’s just big so it sticks out more than the average person! But nope…. got to remember to stick it in and push straight up rather than out and up! Certainly notice the difference when I do it correctly.
Go over the swings from the last session….. haha I managed to save myself with the new swing…. Thank goodness!! Clean Snatch…. Wahoo way to Gregory… You managed to do it….. I think I just need to go with the flow rather than think too much about what I have to do. The time just flies by and it was so nice to be out in the fresh air exercising.
I came away from the session feeling really positive and thought….. it’s OK that I can’t run at the moment. If I carry on doing everything that I have been told to do my Stu and George I am highly likely to make that starting line… I know for one thing… If I am on that starting line I will defo be crossing the finishing line no matter what! It just might not be in the time goal that I have set myself.
I leave Stu and call Staffy to meet up with her but she is too lazy to walk to meet me so she sends me on a little tube ride. I get to the tube station and I pause at the top of the stairs and get ready to embrace myself to the pain of walking down the steps… I think I may have even closed my eyes in anticipation of it… but result…. I managed to walk down them without any aches and pains!! BOOONNNNUUUUUUUUUSSSS
Catch up with Staffy for a good old gossip and dinner….. no alcohol…… Still on Level 1.5 for this month!

Thursday 24th
Feeling really light-headed most of the day…. I am guessing it is due to the painkillers as I haven’t changed anything with my food apart from I am not easting as much pasta.
Completed Day 2 of the Plank Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment