Sunday 6 February 2011

What A Great Weekend For Personal Bests

Wow what a weekend. I am so pleased with this weekend's running especially after Thursday night. It has really given me back my confidence again. Two personal bests in 5K and 10K.

I completed the Whitstable Parkrun on Saturday morning after a celebrating a mate's 30th with cocktails, wine and vodka but hey at least I didn't blame the 10 second sambuca game. Think this maybe because Stuart said I would have to run a marathon for every shot of sambuca... seemed to do the trick.. However, I had to wake my mum up early Saturday morning to take me to Whitstable so that I could run as I was probably still over the limit to drive. Way to go Gregory... I got a PB by 56 seconds.

Today I ran in the Ashford 10K. I was well impressed as this was to be my second PB of the weekend.. Get in! A PB by 5 mins ( I think... shall check the official result... as I am wondering did I actually remember to press start at the beginning!!)
It was a slow start as it was really bunched together and was difficult to over-take but that may have done me a favour as I probably would have knackered myself out for later on in the run but felt I could have gone a bit faster and taken advantage of the down hill and the hills later were going to slow me down... The hill at 7K (or at least I think it was there) just seemed to go on forever and ever!! Just when you think you were at the top you weren't... you turned the corner and you were still climbing. 
I loved this run and was strong at the finished and battled with some old guy that was miles ahead of me but I was determined to beat him.... felt really bad afterwards but only for a bit as I was well chuffed with the way I had ran today..

No comments:

Post a Comment